I’m working on a talk about Disruption and Innovation. Here are my top 10 insights so far:
- Innovation is just Disruption in Disguise.
- The things that have made companies successful in the past may be the very things that holds them back today.
- Innovation must be pervasive. You don’t get to say “I’m done”.
- If you are not innovating and staying relevant, you must be therefore, by definition, stagnant and irrelevant.
- Innovation is a combination of technology and mindset.
- To become a though leader, you must have visibility. Your Thesis does not matter if no one knows about it.
- Technology alone is not innovation, it requires true transformation to be innovative.
- Every Innovate solution fits into a well defined Design Pattern – a new and scalable solution to a well defined
problem within a niche context.
- Paranoia, intellectual property debates and secrecy kills innovation – just because your idea could be worth a
million dollars, it doesn’t mean that it is, unless you execute on your thesis.
- No man is an island, standing on the shoulders of giants we see further.